3.09.2011

Legendary Autobiography of Italian Knitting King Ottavio Missoni

Watches Review Center Report: King of Italy Ottavio Missoni knit 90-year-old birthday in the publication of an autobiography. The book, he recalled the humorous tone of his legendary life, from the loss of prisoners of war home to the young people running athlete, to the fashion designer.


King of Italy Ottavio Missoni knit

Ottavio Missoni's studio is filled with photographs, line drawings, knitted fabric swatches and gardening books, will stand by the window overlooking the Alps. Recently, the Italian knitwear king ushered in a 90-year-old birthday. Birthday, happily drinking, the man also received a gift - a book by Paolo Scandaletti write, Rizzoli Press published his autobiography "Una vita sul filo di lana" ("Wool life online") The book in addition to the original Italian, the English version will soon come out.

With the "Women's Wear Daily," the interview, 90-year-old Ottavio pours out his own legend, and has been placed in his soul, his efforts so far support the determination, fearless and tranquility.

Q: birthday is important that people assess their life time. Your new book is published at this time for this reason?

A: I've never to autobiography as literature. I just put my life story down verbatim, and then they string together, spent about a half months. Do you believe it? Paolo Scandaletti penned for me actually wrote a biography of Galileo, and Galileo to write the biography actually easier than I! All in all, I am a person living in the moment and never set goals for themselves, nor plan for the future. I am very easily satisfied, and never disappointed.

Q: During World War II, you are rid of the home (Yugoslavia tie Lal City), participated in the Battle of El Alamein, Egypt has also made a prisoner for several years. But you did not experience as those suffering. On the contrary, this autobiography between the lines are filled with a touch of humor. What do you think shaped your character?

A: I think most of one's personality is genetic. In this book, I many times to express respect for my mother. She is married to Zha Laer from the field, and my father was a Navy captain sailing all over the world. I now know, the whole life of the mother are dedicated to two children, in addition to care about nothing. She was very quiet and peaceful, the body hanging over the Virgin's halo. Like tooth decay, as will be personality really is genetic, I think I inherited her personality. I also want my children to inherit such a reserved and quiet.

Q: You used to be a running athlete. Movement in your life are important, but also drag your studies. Do you regret it?

A: it does not. Without the shackles of school education, I free to choose their own way. My experience, I read the words, my friends, even my drunk bar is my school. I am a racing genius, known as the "son of Apollo." 16 years old to enter the national team, has kept the 16-year-olds 400-meter race world record. I learned self-discipline sport that is the gift God gave me.

Q: how do you look stylish? Do you think you founded the company how? You inherit your child how your career is to see?

A: I get inspiration from everywhere, magazines, women, street, party, fashion is everywhere. Think of 1975, the Milan designer only 7! So the moment of opening the door to all the fashion industry, I think it is a good thing. About my children, if they asked me for advice, I will provide a good, but not interfere with them. I never forced them to grow my business, but the good news is that they voluntarily left the company, and we agreed that Missoni will always be a family business. We do not have enough strength to fight the cause of a large group Missoni. I often told them: "You certainly can make a million-ton ship, but only if you let it travel, but also have a team of excellent crew." I am proud Missoni: it sustained profitability, so that I get satisfaction, while maintaining a good reputation.

Q: how do you deal with financial problems? In the book you said you had a loss producing knitted sports jacket, then only the improvement in the situation. But we never seem to see you for money problems.

A: It is again said genetics. My body's blood flowing anarchist, I do not want to be people driven, others do not want to override the above. Money to me means independence. My wife once said Rosita eggs and vegewatchs to eat as long as she met, and I fully agree. Fashion and painting for me as well. I never deliberately flaunt fashion, as I never in accordance with routine painting, I only want to paint my own painting. I never thought to enter the fashion industry, but a lucky hit the ground strayed in. Bale. Missoni's success relies on word of mouth. We create unique products, some people say is something new, some people say the garment in the history of the revolution, but because we do not routine at all, did not care rules. "Opposite" has always been my nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment